Calling all sweet tooths. If you’re after a baked snack that is equally delicious and protein filled, you’ll want to take a read of this! If you dream about Nutella on cheat day (or every day) we’ve got exactly what you need. The perfect balance of sweet and delicious, this Nutella Protein Loaf is the brainchild of Accredited Dietitian Victoria Matkovic of Thrive Nutrition. Sweet treats don’t always have to be the enemy, they can be nutrient dense, and fit into your daily intake.
Whether you’ve just finished a hardcore leg day, or wanting something delicious for dessert, Victoria promises this will satisfy those cravings. This recipe is super macro friendly with just under 10g of protein per slice. It also contains a drool worthy swirl of Nutella.
Serves 10 slices
Time: 45 minutes
- 250g banana (2-3 bananas), mashed well
- 200ml low fat cow’s milk (or plant-based milk)
- 1 egg
- 80g Nutella
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100g vegan vanilla protein
- 80g plain wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- Preheat an oven to 160 degrees C fan forced.
- In a bowl, mix together the banana, milk, egg, vanilla essence and 40g of the Nutella.
- Next, add in the protein powder, flour, baking soda and powder and salt. Mix well with a spoon.
- Pour the mixture into a line loaf tin. Drop dollops of the remaining Nutella in the loaf mixture. Use a knife to swirl the Nutella.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when poked in the centre of the loaf.
- Allow to cool before slicing into 10 slices.
Macro per slice:
145cal, P 9.8g, F 3.8g, C 16.6g
- Make sure to use a plant-based protein as whey protein goes rock hard when baked.
Enjoy with toppings such as fruit or nut butter for a little extra something!