You’re at the gym, it’s 7:30am. You’ve been grinding out an upper body session that’s destroyed your shoulders in the best way possible. You look in the mirror and notice you have one of the best pumps you’ve ever had. You’re wearing your favourite Ryderwear x Lauren Simpson or Essentials outfits. You quickly snap a pic for your Insta story.
As the session comes to a close, you start dreaming of a protein filled, post workout meal. You want to treat yourself because it’s been a big session. You smash out that final set with ease, check Insta for a quick update, the first thing you see is an influencer eating waffles, and it hits you.
Waffles. Protein. Post workout meal. You realise you want to start your day with some protein waffles.
Here at Ryderwear, we get it better than anyone else, we’ve teamed up with Victoria Matkovic from Thrive Nutrition to give you the best, and most simple protein waffle recipe ever to level up your post workout meal.Womens gym wear & leggings available also
Check it out below:
- 1 scoop protein (vegan is preferred, as whey protein can become hard when cooked)
- ½ Cup oats
- ½ banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼-½ Cup milk of choice
- Optional: 15g choc chips
1. In a blender, add in all the ingredients and blend until smooth. Start with ¼ C of milk first and add in the other ¼ C of milk if the batter is too thick. Stir through the choc chips if using.
2. Heat a waffle iron. Spray lightly with oil and add in half the batter. Cook for 2 minutes or until golden. Repeat for the other half of the batter.
3. To note: this mixture can be cooked in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat if you do not have a waffle iron.
4. Serve waffles with sugar free maple syrup and fresh fruit.
A big thank you to Victoria Matkovic of Thrive Nutrition for giving us the delicious recipe as always. If you make the recipe, make sure to post it on the ‘Gram and tag us @ryderwear so we can see!